Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Out with a Bang !

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas. We did, and I can't believe it is over. We had lots of yummy food and wonderful family gatherings. I have to admit though, that I was tired but had lots of time to rest. What could be better, except our white Christmas turned into a wet , rainy Christmas eve and day....but that's o.k.

I can't believe 2008 is in it's final few hours. Really, where has the year gone ? It was a great year for us, and I look forward to what 2009 has in store. I have a bit of a heavy heart though as 2 very dear friends are entering 2009 with lots of sadness. One lost his dad on Dec. 24th, the other is facing some really tough life changing decisions. It will be a long , rough road for them and I wish I could take away all of their pain, but only time and prayer can heal that.

We are already home from our New Years Celebration at 9:45pm. We went out early with a group of friends and their kids for a great buffet meal. I think there were 20 of us ! Then, we headed back to one of their homes for a enjoyable evening of chatting and munchies.

We decided to come home early as it has started snowing and there is a BLIZZARD WARNING issued for tonight and tomorrow. So, 2008 is going out and 2009 is coming in with a bang, and I'm sure we will hear fireworks as the clock strikes midnight too.

I hope you have an enjoyable and safe New Years Eve. Wishing you all the best for 2009 !

No comments: