Monday, August 18, 2008

I'm here , I really am !

I haven't fallen off the face of the earth, I've just been busy. We took a little vacation to Prince Edward Island last week. We then spent the past 2 days installing hardwood flooring in 2 bedrooms. Today is clean up and put everything back day. I'll update you with photos shortly.

Just a serious word of caution......NEVER use power tools without proper instruction first. I am O.K. , just did something VERY stupid and dangerous (while tired) with a table saw and now have bruised arms with a little roadrash to prove it. Sheesh, boards can fly like spinning torpedos ! I know, I know, I can't believe how careless I was. I can see you cringing- my legs went a little rubbery too when my arms started to swell -I found some ice in a hurry. I am always super (overly) cautious. I don't know what possesed me , but hubby had to go out for a few minutes so I thought I would cut some boards-STUPID IDEA. I am so thankful I didn't seriously impale myself . Now I do love using the pneumatic stapler though :)

I do love DIY projects and it is not uncommon for hubby to come home and find me painting/redecorating a room, ripping up flooring or smashing ceramic tiles and reinstalling. I just got carried away yesterday. That's how accidents happen !!!

2 comments:

Shantell said...

YIKES!!! You are one lucky girl. I love DYI home projects too. It's not really all the work involved but the feeling of accomplishment when it's finished and I can stand back and say...I did this!! Can't wait to see pictures. Now behave yourself with the powertools :O)

Shantell

Tammy said...

Shantell, you're right. It is a great feeling to see what you can actually accomplish. I think that is a refelction of our crafty side maybe !