Friday, August 8, 2008

Going bug -eyed


Yes, I am ...everywhere I look there are ants, spiders, aphids, earwigs -EEEWWWW !!!

I know these creatures have a purpose, but why does it have to be in my yard LOL. Actually ,this spider is kind of beautiful in it's own way.

However, I a still battling these ants like this pesky one on my deck !

They are all around my yard, on my steps, deck, flowers and ocassionally sneaking into my house - grrrrr. They are just itty bitty things, but it seems like everyone is having the same problem this year. It must be the warm, humid weather. I have tried all kinds of natural defenses so as not to poison our pet cat, but nothing works.

Do you have any suggestions ???

1 comment:

Joanna Mallory said...

Okay, the spider was neat, but the ant creeps me out. Perhaps it's because one never sees a solitary ant?

I've used the Raid brand white plastic ant bait, and if you could wedge it in a corner where the cat couldn't reach it you should be fine. Guess what they're baited with? Peanut butter! Had to warn the 18-year-old not to slurp on the ant traps.