Friday, August 7, 2009

Celebrating Sidney Crosby #87

It is an exciting day in my neighbourhood. No.... I haven't finished a new bear LOL. It's been tooo hot to even think about making bears. Instead our local hockey star, Sidney Crosby, brought home the Stanley Cup Trophy today, on his 22nd birthday. There was great little parade earlier and lots of events planned for tonight.
I attended the parade even though I am not really a hockey fanatic. I just wanted to be part of the community support for this young man who grew up in my neighbourhood. No, I've never met him, but admire his drive and all that he has accomplished. He's the youngest team Captain to ever win the Cup which is North America's top hockey achievement .

Way to go Sidney !

It's so exciting to see a young man achieve his dreams :)

No comments: