Friday, February 13, 2009

I did it !!!

Woohoo...the bears are done. Well, almost, I have a couple of seams to close :) Wow 5 bears in 5 days- not bad ! This isn't a great picture, but it was cold out so it was done in a hurry without any primping ! They look better when brushed a bit :)

I am so happy that I finally finished this project. I worked hard all week and some late nights, and we even had ANOTHER school storm day with the kids home yesterday. It is amazing how much you can accomplish when you really focus . This fur was horrid to work with though. The muskrat was old , worn, and dry and the seal was really thick than I expected. Trimming the face evenly was a challenge. I also had to replace a couple of limbs that slit.

The bears are not my favorite , it was an old pattern I haven't used in a long time. Since they are keepsakes for children I had to use safety eyes and noses which have to be inserted before stuffing. Due to the weakness of the fur I wasn't able to do any needle sculpting of the face. But, at least they will be a lasting memory for the new owners which is so nice.

So , that is it for orders for me ....forever ??? My old fingers need a couple of days off to heal . The tips are cracked and bruised from the needle pokes .

Oh, do those black ears remind you of anyone LOL ??

1 comment:

Draffin Bears said...

My haven't you been the busy one!
Five bears in five days is good going and no wonder your fingers are cracked and bruised from all that work.

Your bears are very sweet Tammy.

Hugs
Carolyn