Friday, October 17, 2008

Grrr....A bear is on the way soon..

It hasn't been a good bear making week :( I decided to dig out one of my old , smaller mink patterns that I haven't made in a long time. I forgot how much patience it takes to work in a smaller scale with real fur. I decided to give him/her a double neck and that was tedious. I have a few things to finish up and photos to do, then hopefully have him/her ready in a few days.

I also decided to stock up on bear hardware, joints, new expensive eyes etc. Well....the new eyes arrived yesterday and I promptly dropped the package on the stairs and THEN stepped on them. I bent all the wire backs, and broke some of the glass. I could have cried. I hope I can salvage some of them.

Today I was excited when the screws/locknut supplies arrived. UGH, I ordered the wrong size :( They are too big for the hole in the disc and not worth my time and $ to return. Now, I have to order more and wait because I have none left at all.

Some weeks it just doesn't work out as planned.

But... I am thankful that the nasty pain in my hip I had yesterday is feeling
better:) I hope you are having a good week :)

Anywhoo, here is a sneek peek side on off the bear who still needs his belly stuffed and closed.

1 comment:

Vicki said...

Oh Tammy i have just seen him on your website and he is the cutest little panda.

Hugs
Vicki xx