Sunday, May 11, 2008

EEEEKKKK !


I just spent the last 2 hours working on a 2 tone mink bear. Things were going well, until I got to the grey fur parts. The fur seemed o.k. until I tried to turn the pieces right side out.

LOOK.....the pelts literally tore apart like paper. That has only happened a couple of times. I didn't think the fur was weak; it wasn't dry or crinkly at all. I am not a happy camper , but better that it happened now then when I was closing seams. So , now those parts and that coat go in the trash. What a shame , it is a beautiful fur. Off to find another mink to use for the limbs. I guess that is o.k. though as I have to wait for an order of bear joints to arrive before I can finish this bear anyway.

Maybe I'll just start on something completely different tomorrow....sigh.

1 comment:

Debora Hoffmann said...

Oh, yikes! That's too bad. I hope you find another fur that you like for this bear.