Tuesday, February 21, 2012

A peek behind the scenes

Sometimes I have the opportunity to work on bears that you may never see.  Most times they are gifts for very special people in my life, but occasionally I make a bear in exchange for a beautiful mink coat.   That is the exception and really depends on the circumstances.  Most times I just buy the coats as I prefer not to do custom work.  

However, since January I have been very busy and  made 10 bears. Only 6 have been for adoption.  I thought you might like to take a peek behind the scenes at some of the others.

The mahogany/black bear is Lorna, named after her owner's mom who owned the coat.  The white mink was named Louie , after the owners ex-husband who gave her the coat :)   Both  are  larger bears.  Lorna is the first all dark bear I've made andI really like her.  The little white bear is Whisper , who I recently sold.... this photo just shows the size difference very well between 10" and 7" bears.


The little 7" panda, was named Tickles, the nickname of the  2 yr old. granddaughter for whom she was made.  She is a keepsake of her grandmother's and great-grandmother's coats.  One coat was  mink and the other muskrat. It's the first time I've used muskrat for one of my little bears.



The mohair bear was a birthday gift for a very special friend across the miles :)


I hope you enjoy seeing these other creations.


3 comments:

Joanne@ Desertmountainbear said...

I loved seeing them. They are all so beautiful. The fur, oh the fur is all so gorgeous.

Tammy said...

Thanks, Joanne :)

Linda said...

Tammy they are beautiful. Love them all.