Thursday, January 20, 2011

A lesson about procrastination !

I  learned a hard lesson Tuesday, and have come to completely detest computers !  Unfortunately,my computer crashed and I'm sure I aged 20 years.   It looked like I had lost the last 5 years of photos, business files , my mailing list ,  emails, everything .  Yes I know , I know I should have backed everything up; some of it was .  I had great plans to do that for the past few months but procrastination got the best of me !

Somehow my awesome husband worked his magic and repaired the hard drive enough to recover my files.  I quickly learned  how to use that external drive I got as a gift in October ! The computer started but we've had to revert to the old way of transferring data by typing out DOS commands.  Nothing will copy or paste, I can receive but not send emails, programs are all messed up......the poor computer is old and confused.  Just like me lol.  I think we have saved the important stuff.  If you are awaiting an email from me, I will get to it eventually-sorry.

We are hoping to start from scratch and wipe out the hard drive and start over.  If that fails and it is too damaged I guess I'll have to get a new computer.  That wasn't on our list of things to buy this year. For now I'll use this borrowed laptop.

I have a another funeral I want to attend tomorrow then I really hope the year settles down so I can focus on bearmaking .  I do have 2 cut out and stitched.  So that is a good start I guess.

I hope you are having a good week :)  Oh, and go backup your computer.....RIGHT NOW !


 









No comments: