Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Slip Sliding....

My world looks like a skating rink today. Yesterday was ANOTHER storm day at home for my kids. The 4th in as many weeks. It snowed 10cm yesterday then turned to freezing rain creating a slippery world for us to wake up to this morning. I thought school would be cancelled again, but no. I ended up driving my daughter as the sidewalks weren't cleared for walking. It sure looks pretty, but not fun trying to chip that ice off the car windows, or for driving or walking- yikes.



This pine cone is encased in an icy caccoon


Every storm this year has been followed by the ice. I've already gone through 50kg of road salt, and 20kg of sand just to keep my driveway semi-safe for visitors.

Enjoy the scenery :)

My front steps railing is coated too.

2 comments:

Joanna Mallory said...

Beautiful photos! Thanks for sharing. I'm iced in too, and wish the sun would come out. Wouldn't it be stunning?

Tammy said...

Glad you enjoyed the pics ! I keep sitting her with my camera ready for that sun. It sure would be beautiful shining on the icy trees !! Fingers crossed :)