Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Where is Hope ?

I know most of you will think I am crazy , but I am just so sad and concerned for a certain little bear cub. You may remember several months ago I mentioned a live bear cam in the den of an expectant bear mom named Lily. Well, I have been watching that camera since mid January, and was fortunate to be watching when Lily gave birth to her first ever cub named Hope on January 22. I watched that little bear daily until they left the den. Ever since then the North American Bear center has kept thousands of Lily and Hope fans updated with photos and videos as they live in the wild. It has been an incredible and educational journey. I admit I am addicted to learning about this little family. They have stolen my heart, especially that feisty little cub !

Lily & Hope after leaving the den
( I hope the North American Bear Center doesn't mind me using their photo )

Sadly, 4 days ago Lily left Hope asleep high in a tree. The researchers don't know why. She returned a couple of days ago, but 4 month old Hope is missing. No one has seen her, and researchers are doing their best to search . How long can she survive on her own ? No one knows. As of last night Lily appeared to have moved on and may have abandoned her search. What does that mean ? Does she know something we don't ?

I just feel so sad. Me, along with thousands of fans, are trying to stay hopeful , but with each passing hour I fear the worst. Nature has to take it's course, they are after all wild animals. But, I've become so attached to them , I am such a softie at heart I know :( Please pray that Hope is found soon. I can't imagine how distressed Lily must be too.

You can watch videos about them here

No comments: