Saturday, March 21, 2009

Experimenting with my camera

For the past few days there has been a lot of discussion about cameras and photography here in the den. My daughter really wants a new camera, she loves to take pictures and do photo editing . She inherited that from me :)

All this talk inspired me to test out my own camera's features. I think many of us get these great digital cameras with lots of bling . However, how often do we just stick them on auto mode and fire away. I decided it was time to try some manual settings, change the aperture, shutter speed, etc. I looked at a million photography videos on YouTube and decided to try my hand at photographing water drops. It took patience to time the drops just right, and MANY photos later these are my favorites. I still would like a Digital SLR camera so I can focus manually. These pics are not as clear as I would like, but I learned some new lessons . Oh, and I'm sure I'll be hearing...drip, drip, drip in my sleep for days LOL.


A little creative lighting and food coloring makes a nice effect. I adjusted the contrast and brightness in photo editing to really show off the colors.

I placed this apple in my sink, used lights and a mirror to capture some water splashing. I really like the colors in these pictures.


I encourage you to spend a day and play with your camera. It is the only way to learn what it can do. Also, there are some awesome , easy to understand videos on the internet and YouTube. Just do a search and have fun !
Enjoy !

1 comment:

Sarah Medina said...

ahhhh, wonderful!!! I have this on my list of things to try. I was out taking photos of raindrops on roses (hehe) the other day ;)