Saturday, June 14, 2008

Scary Wildfire !


I have never seen anything like this before ! I heard that there was a fire out of control on the outskirts around 5pm yesterday ,so I decided to take a drive. It is said to be 15km long and 2km wide. The first 2 pics are the view from the end of my street... I think my heart skipped a beat when I saw the plume of smoke. I hoped that it was really clouds. It was a very uneasy feeling to see, but I knew it was far enough away that we aren't in any immediate danger- (About a 15 km away). It was soooo windy yesterday and again today that this fire is still out of control.




The smoke is like a huge wall on the edge of the city. Thousands of people have been evacuated, and several homes destroyed . I hope it is out soon and everyone is safe !

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My word Tammy that is something! I have been watching the news. It sure has caused a lot of damage.
Lynn