Thursday, July 8, 2010

A Challenging Week

It hasn't been a great week I have to admit. I was sick for 5 or 6 days with something. I don't know what it was really, I was just very nauseous and had no appetite. I feel better, but still a little sick sometimes. Maybe it is stress ?

Yesterday I met with the surgeon for my 2nd biopsy results. The news wasn't what I was hoping for. There are some abnormal cells on my lump. This may or may not be cancer, but the lab was unable to determine that for sure. There is a good chance it isn't cancer. However, the only way to tell now is to have the surgery. The choice is mine, but is it really a choice. I cried all the way home, called my husband at work and cried some more. I'm more peaceful about it today trying to take the "glass is half full approach".

So, now I am on the waiting list for 6 or 7 months to have the surgery done. Since the lump is growing on the center of my thyroid the whole thing must be removed so I'll need to take medication daily, forever. The tumor will then be analyzed and radioactive iodine treatment may be necessary if it does turn out to be cancer :( I really don't know why I am sharing all this. I am a private person usually. But, thanks for listening :)

On a happier subject- bears. I started a mink panda last week and it is about 80% done. I need to attach the head and ears, and sew the seams. Maybe it will be ready by Monday.
I'll post it as soon as it's ready.

Hugs , Tammy


Lynn said...

Tammy, I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep us updated on how you are doing.


Laura~Pretty Pix said...

Tammy, I'm sorry to hear the news wasn't better. What you're going through is far from easy.
This may not help one bit, but abnormal cells were found on my ever growing thyroid. I had my thyroid removed, no cancer.
I'm praying your outcome will be like mine. I like your glass half full attitude.
Take care.♥

Linda said...

I Tammy, Sorry to hear you have not been feeling well. Take one day at a time and try not to stress. I know it easier said then done. Hang in there.
Hugs, Linda

Babylon said...

In some cases similar to yours when the patient is facing with waiting anyways , and nodule is well encapsulated during this waiting period the TSH suppression therapy may be attempted (to have TSH between .5 and 1.0). If that nodule will grow despite that treatment there is going to be an easier choice to remove it. Also there still be possible to avoid the complete thyroid removal unless the nodule is 3cm and larger, therefore you may explore that option.
Best of luck
Very cute bears

Katy Cameron said...

Sorry to hear the news on the results wasn't what you were hoping for, big hugs, hope everything goes smoothly and that you can avoid the radioactive iodine treatement



Tammy said...

Thank you all for your kind words, encouragement and advice. It is all very helpful :)

Hugs, Tammy